Rdio Updates Its Android App, Users Have Mixed Reaction
Rdio, a popular music subscription service, has released a major update. Apart from offering support for the new Ice Cream Sandwich’s remote control client, the Android app also provides more streamlined and highlights on the app’s rich social features as well as extensive music discovery options.
As what Rdio mentioned, here are the things you can find on the updated app:
- Streamlined top-level navigation: All-new home screen design gives one-click access to key features in the app.
- Convenient control: Take advantage of Android Ice Cream Sandwich’s new remote control client to manage playback controls on the lock screen, including viewing controls and album art.
- New releases: Be the first to listen to new albums and singles on the day they are released, and access new albums released up to two weeks prior.
- Top charts: Check out recent chart-topping albums.
- Recommendations: Discover more music by exploring fresh album recommendations based on your listening history.
- Enhanced search: In addition to searching for artists, albums, and songs, you can now search for playlists and people.
- Synced collection and playlist views: View only the music you have synced for offline listening, without the need to go into offline mode.
- User profiles: Search, browse, and follow other Rdio users; discover new music by seeing their activity, who they follow, their playlists, and more.
- And features of the previous version including Activity, Collection, Heavy Rotation, Playlists, Listening History, Syncing for offline access, and a variety of settings to control syncing and streaming on Wi-Fi or 3G.
Although the update has received several positive reactions, there are many who complain that the app is no longer working on their device. Perhaps Rdio will have to work on this, especially for their premium plan users.