The Motorola RAZR XT910 recently received the official Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update. But, if you want a ROM that combines the look and feel of iOS and the power of Android into one, you can now install the official Android 4.0 ICS MIUI ROM.
MIUI is one of the most popular custom ROMs for Android. This ROM combines the buttery smooth speed of iOS and the features of Android. It also carries a design that makes your Android devices sport an iOS-inspired look and feel. This custom ROM is based on Android 2.3 Gingerbread and Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
XDA Developers member hacker812c teaches us how to flash the ROM to your mobile phone. With this ROM, you can enjoy features such as an enhanced notification menu, being able to install various themes, performing advance options, and many more.
Read on to learn how to flash Android 4.0.4 ICS MIUI 4 ROM for the Motorola RAZR XT910.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Motorola RAZR, model number XT910. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- Do not attempt to install this custom ROM if your phone is still running Android 2.3.5 or Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Motorola RAZR XT910, rooted, with ClockworkMod Touch Recovery installed, and must be running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. For help, check these guides:
- Download the official Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich MIUI 4 ROM (miuiandroid_umts_spyder-2.7.20.zip, 176 MB)
- Charge your phone's battery to 75% or more.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the ROM package to the phone's internal SD card.
- Launch the RAZR Touch Bootstrapper app and select Reboot Touch CWM. This will reboot your phone into ClockworkMod Touch Recovery.
- Create a NANDroid backup of your current ROM. Select Backup and Restore and select Backup on the next screen. Wait until recovery completes the backup process.
- Go to the main menu and select Wipe Data/Factory Reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go back to the main menu and select Install ZIP From SD Card.
- Select Choose ZIP From SD Card and locate the MIUI 4 ROM package file. Confirm the action on the next screen to flash the ROM to your phone.
- After the installation process is complete, go back to the main menu and select Wipe Cache Partition. Confirm the action on the next screen.
- Return to the main menu and select Reboot System Now to restart your phone.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed the official Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich MIUI ROM on your Motorola RAZR XT910.