Users of the HTC Raider 4G LTE are itching to root their devices and to install ClockworkMod Recovery, but not all methods that are currently existing on the Internet seem to work. Some work for the AT&T HTC Vivid, but not for the Canadian HTC Raider 4G LTE (on Bell and Rogers).
Today we’ll be sharing two different methods to root your HTC Raider 4G LTE. One is by slapshot30 (long method) and the other is from hasoon2000 (shorter method), both members of XDA Developers.
- Unlock the bootloader of your HTC Raider 4G LTE by using HTC’s official bootloader unlocking tool at HTCDev.com. Proceed to the next steps only after you’ve successfully unlocked the bootloader.
- Download PH39IMG.zip from here and save it to your computer.
- Download VIVID_CWM_ROOT_VER2.zip from here and save it to your computer.
- Copy both ZIP files into the root of your phone’s microSD (external) card. Make sure the files are in the root of the card, not inside any sub-folder.
- Turn off the phone.
- Reboot the phone into bootloader (HBOOT) mode by holding down both the Volume Down and Power buttons.
- The phone will automatically detect the update file and will ask you to apply the update file. Say yes.
- Reboot your phone.
- Delete PH39IMG.zip from your microSD card. You can use a file explorer app for this. Or, you can take out the microSD, plug it into a microSD card reader, and delete the said file.
- Turn off the phone.
- Reboot the phone into bootloader mode as in step 6. When you’re at the HBOOT screen, use the Volume keys to highlight “recovery”, then press the Power button to select it. Your phone is now in recovery mode.
- Create a Nandroid backup of your system by selecting Backup and restore > Backup.
- Select Install zip from sdcard > Choose zip from sdcard on the recovery menu. Select VIVID_CWM_ROOT_VER2.zip and confirm that you want to flash the file.
- Choose “Go back” to return to main recovery menu.
- Choose “Reboot system now” to reboot your phone.
- Install the BusyBox Installer app to your phone.
- Run the app and install your desired version of busybox.
- HTC Raider 4G LTE
- A Windows PC
- Download Hasoon2000′s Vivid All-in-One Kit (current version 1.2) from here.
- Use a RAR extraction program (e.g., WinRAR, 7-Zip) to extract the Vivid All-in-One Kit into a folder on your computer.
- Open the extraction folder.
- Double-click Vivid v1.2.exe to run the program.
- Click the “Install HTC Drivers” button.
- Connect the phone to your PC.
- Click the “Register at HTCDev” button. You’ll be taken to the HTCDev website. Follow the instructions for completing the registration.
- Click the “Get Token ID” button. A command prompt will open. Copy the Token ID. Open Notepad or another text editor of your choice. Paste the Token ID into a text file in Notepad.
- Click the “Submit Token ID” button.
- You will receive an Unlock_code.bin file. Copy this file into the Data subfolder inside the folder where you instructed the All-in-One kit.
- Click the “Unlock Bootloader” button.
- Click the “CWM 220.127.116.11″ button. This will flash ClockworkMod Recovery to your phone.
Your HTC Raider 4G LTE is now rooted and now has ClockworkMod Recovery. Congratulations and enjoy!
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.