The folks over at Silicon.com got a first hand look at the latest and greatest technology that Qualcomm has to offer. Of interest to the Android lovers amongst us is an upcoming lineup of smartbooks powered by Qualcomm’s 1GHz Snapdragon processor. The smartbook is a new category of devices that combine the form factor of a netbook with the streamlined OS and always-on connectivity of a smartphone. On hand was a working smartpbook prototype, manufactured by Quanta, that was running an unmodified version of Google’s Android OS. A pretty significant prototype as Quanta is the largest notebook manufacturer in the world, making systems for Dell, Hewlett Packard, Lenovo, Acer, Gateway, and more. The Qualcomm representatives in attendance also dropped the hint that an Android-powered smartbook from Lenovo, presumably similar to the one on display, will launch on AT&T in early 2010. Sweet!
Qualcomm shows Snapdragon powered Android smartbook, hints at 2010 for Lenovo model on AT&T
From the forums
- Google Inbox Invite sharing thread 220 Replies on Android News & Discussion
- Buying a new Android tomorrow, but I... 16 Replies on Android News & Discussion
- No lollipop A A icon! 5 Replies on Android News & Discussion
- The 'Off Topic' Lounge 314 Replies on Off Topic Lounge
- Ban the person above you: a fun game 427 Replies on Off Topic Lounge