Judging from a recent post on Google’s job forum, it appears as though there will be phone customer support for the Nexus One. This will be in addiion to the Nexus One web support forum. The job post itself is for a “phone support program manager.” The only requirement is a BA degree along with at least 5 years of customer call center management experience.
This is a sensible move for the Android based handset which according to many is currently lacking adequate support to customers. If you’re interested in the job, it calls for:
- Lead Google’s direct relationships with one-on-one support vendors to drive a successful customer experience for direct-to-consumer Android customers.
- Define and implement scalable business practices that leverage our internal best practices in one-to-many support to create efficiencies in high-touch support activities through channels such as phone and chat.
- Play a central role in helping the team build success metrics, reports, and infrastructure tools.
- Establish and manage to defined service level requirements to ensure vendors are meeting contractual requirements and customers are receiving target service levels and establish and manage training program for support representatives.
- Work with internal resources to provide escalation resolution for dissatisfied customers.
[Via Android SPIN]