First release of KitKat-based Paranoid Android AOSPA4+ ROM now available
On Christmas Eve, the Paranoid Android team took the wraps off their very first release of its AOSPA4+ ROM, which of course features Android 4.4 KitKat onboard.
The ROM itself seems to work very well, but keep in mind that this is an early release and therefore is missing quite a few PA features such as Halo, Pie and the Hybrid engine. Of course we can expect these features to be added back into the mix in future ROM releases.
Here’s a full change-log of all the features contained in the current ROM release:
Initial Release – AOSPA 4.0 Beta <2013-12-24>
- Built-in SuperSu
- Advanced Power Menu
- Enhanced Volume Buttons
- Enhanced Volume Controls
- Global Immersive Mode Toggle
- Notification LED Light Controls
- Actionable Status Bar Date/Time
- Keyguard Quick Unlock [standard]
- Disable full screen keyboard [standard]
- Basic file browser (Documents <from Omni>)
- Exposed Google’s Native App Privacy Controls
- Recent/Clear All Button Combo (context aware)
- Screenshot Delete Added to Screenshot Notification
- Optional Lock Screen Transparency (blur effect WIP)
- Optional Status Bar Battery Icons (mirrored in quick settings)
- Quick Settings 2.0 (edit tiles from within the pull down panel)
As for device support, the ROM will work with the Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 (2012/2013) and the Nexus 10. The PA team plans to release a build for the Oppo N1 in the near future as well.
Has anyone tried this build yet, if so – what do you think so far?