OTA Update 5.7.906 for Droid 3 — Download and Install Instructions
Motorola Droid 3 users can now update their Gingerbread Firmware to the latest leak firmware of Motorola called 5.7.906 thanks to droidian1441 who leaked it at XDA Developers Forum. There’s no details on what improvements there is to it, also if you flash this firmware it will not let you revert/change back to your stock ROM so think carefully if you want this on your phone.
Just follow the simple steps below.
- Make sure that your phone battery is charge at least 60%
- Backup your phone data into your computer.
- Turn on USB Debugging, on your homescreen tap Menu> Settings> Application> Development. Then, make sure that USB debugging is checked.
- Motorola droid 3 with CWM recovery
- USB Data Cable
- First, download the 906 update.zip on your computer.
- Then, connect your device to the computer using your USB Data Cable.
- Next, copy the zip file you downloaded earlier to the root directory of your SD card.
- Disconnect your phone to the computer.
- turn off your phone.
- Go to Clockworkmod recovery.
- Once you’re in the recovery, do a nandroid backup by selecting backup> backup and restore> then backup to start saving your old ROM. (This will make a full backup of your existing ROM, and save it to the SD card. You can restore from this backup, if something gets messed up with the installation.)
- Now do a full wipe by selecting Mount and Storage then wipe the following:
- Format System
- Format Data
- Format Cache
- Go back to main menu and select advance then wipe dalvik-cache.
- From the main menu select install zip from Sd card> choose zip from Sd card> then select the 906 update.zip to start flashing the 5.7.906 Firmware Update.
- Finally, go back to main menu and select Reboot system now.
Congratulations, you have successfully update your Motorola Droid 3 on 5.7.906 Firmware.Cheers!