Digitimes, the semi-reliable newspaper based in Taiwan, is reporting that Orange has contracted with Foxconn International Holdings to build a new Android handset. The supposedly carrier-designed handset is expected to incorporate a 3G chipset from Qualcomm and will ship in the second quarter of 2010. If this rumor pans out, Orange’s new Android offering will join the Motorola Dext and the HTC Tattoo in the Orange lineup.
Orange to design its own Android handset?
From the forums
- 1.Nexus 6 officially announced: everything you need to know
- 2.#Bendgate: HTC, Samsung, and LG rub salt into Apple’s wounds
- 3.Galaxy Note 4 review: Samsung’s true flagship
- 4.6 common problems with the Samsung Galaxy S5 and how to fix them
- 5.One (M8) comes last, Note 3 first in Consumer Reports bend test