Custom ROMs have given us the opportunity to enjoy the latest Android OS on our mobile phones. With independent developers creating ported or custom ROMs, we have enjoyed the latest Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on our Android phones that still haven't received the official Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update.
XDA Developers member Rashed97 shares a CyanogenMod 10 ROM, based on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean, with three lucky phones: the LG Optimus One P500, the LG Phoenix P505, and the LG Thrive P506. Although reported to work on these Android phones, the ROM still faces some broken features such as the following:
- Google Now
- Boot animation turns on and off
If these bugs are not a big issue, you can take peek at how Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean looks on your Android phone.
This post teaches you how to upgrade LG Optimus One phones to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via CyanogenMod 10.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the LG Optimus One P500, LG Phoenix P505, or LG Thrive P506. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- LG Optimus One P500, LG Phoenix P505, or LG Thrive P506 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed
- Download the CyanogenMod 10 ROM for your specific phone model:
- Download the GApps Package (gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip, md5sum: f62cfe4a827202899919fd932d5246d7)
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the CyanogenMod 10 ROM and GApps package to your phone's SD card.
- Turn off your mobile phone.
- Press and hold the Home button, Volume Down key, and the Power button simultaneously until ClockworkMod Recovery boots.
- Create a NANDroid backup of your current ROM. Go to Backup and Restore and select Backup on the next screen.
- Go back to the main menu and select Wipe data/factory reset. Confirm the action on the next screen to initiate data wipe.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card > Choose ZIP from SD card and locate the CyanogenMod 10 ROM ZIP file for your respective phone model. Confirm the action on the next screen to flash the ROM to your mobile phone.
- Flash the GApps package in the same manner as in step 6.
- Go back to the main menu and select Reboot system now to restart your phone.
Congratulations! You have successfully flashed the CyanogenMod 10 ROM to your LG Optimus One P500, LG Phoenix P505, or LG Thrive P506.