With all this Android 4.1 Jelly Bean madness taking over the Android development community, it can be easy to forget that developers still love Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and are still hard at work on getting this update to phones. The LG Optimus One P500 is getting its dose of the software in the form of the Oxygen ROM, thanks to XDA Developers member popdog123.
The Oxygen ROM injects your Optimus One with a taste of Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich. The Oxygen ROM is a highly optimized AOSP ROM with a few added features. The ROM also comes with an added touch of convenience in the form of its Over the Air (OTA) Update app. Every time the ROM gets a new version, you won't need to go through the tedious process of downloading the update to your computer and flashing it via ClockworkMod Recovery. The OTA Update app will save you the trouble of checking the original development page and will simply give you a notification so you can enjoy the update right away.
It's worth noting, however, that the Oxygen ROM does not have a Theme Manager or FM Radio. If these don't discourage you, you can keep reading for the instructions.
This guide shows you how to upgrade the Optimus One P500 to Android 4.0.4 ICS via Oxygen custom ROM.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the LG Optimus One, model number P500. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- LG Optimus One P500 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed (preferably version 18.104.22.168)
- Download the Oxygen 3 (ICS) for P500 (oxygen_ics_v0.3.5.zip, sha1sum: 35c0948930bd6bfc60c73fa848e52e3562d4c6b4) to your computer.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the Oxygen ROM to your Optimus One's SD card.
- Turn off your Optimus One.
- Boot into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding down the Volume Down, Home, and Power buttons.
- NOTE: In recovery, use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an option.
- Make a NANDroid backup of your current ROM by selecting Backup and Restore. Select Backup.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset. Confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD card and select the Oxygen ROM file.
- Select Go back.
- Select Reboot system now.
Fantastic! Your LG Optimus One P500 is now running on Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich in the form of the Oxygen ROM. If you update your ROM using the OTA Update app, the developer has mentioned that it might take a bit more time and your phone may appear frozen while updating. If this happens, give it a bit of time and it will finish and reboot to a fresh version of the ROM.