Install Unofficial CyanogenMod 7.2 on LG Optimus Me P350
With how big Ice Cream Sandwich is nowadays, it seems like everyone’s waiting for his/her share. Though it may not be Ice Cream Sandwich, the LG Optimus Me P350 has its own surprise. Thanks to XDA Developers forum member pax0r, LG Optimus Me P350 users get their own taste of AOSP Gingerbread.
An unofficial release of the CyanogenMod 7.2 ROM is looking quite promising for the device. With the exception of the partially broken camera and the headset button, nearly everything in this ROM works.
Before you get too excited, however, it’s worth noting that this unofficial CyanogenMod 7.2 ROM is still a work in progress and may have a few bugs that need to be worked out. But, that’s better than sticking to Android 2.2 Froyo, which is what your Optimus Me P350 first came with. CyanogenMod 7.2 will bring to your Optimus Me the latest Gingerbread version–Android 2.3.7.
If you’re willing to go through a few snags and you’d like to help the developer work out those last few kinks, then wait no more–get CyanogenMod 7.2 for your LG Optimus Me P350.
Before you begin, you’ll need a few things:
- A rooted LG Optimus Me P350 with custom recovery installed on your device
- CyanogenMod 7.2 update file for the LG Optimus Me P350 (Get it here)
- Latest version of the gApps package (Google Apps) for CyanogenMod (Find the latest version here)
- Make sure to back up the data on your device in the event of loss or corruption during the update process.
- Copy your pictures, music, videos, and files to your SD card.
- Sync your phone contacts with Gmail.
- Backup your text messages with SMS Backup and Restore app.
- Ensure that your device has a charge of at least 70% to prevent it from shutting off in the middle of the update process.
Once you have all of the requirements, proceed to the installation process:
- Copy both the CyanogenMod 7.2 ROM update ZIP and the Google Apps ZIP to the root of your phone’s SD card.
- Reboot your device into Recovery Mode.
- In Recovery Mode, make a Nandroid backup so that you can restore your previous ROM should something happen.
- Navigate to and select “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”.
- Clear your phone’s cache partition by selecting “Wipe Cache” from the recovery menu.
- Also clean out the Dalvik cache by selecting “Wipe Dalvik Cache” from the Advanced menu.
- Go back to main recovery menu and select “Install ZIP from SD Card” and select the CyanogenMod 7.2 ROM zip.
- Once the file has finished flashing, select “Install ZIP from SD Card” again.
- This time, select the Google Apps zip.
- After the Google Apps file has finished flashing, reboot your device
Congratulations! Your LG Optimus Me P350 is now running on the unofficial CyanogenMod 7.2 with Android 2.3.7 Gingerbread.