The LG Optimus G Pro is a brilliant smartphone, and if there’s one thing we as consumers love to see, it’s updates to make our smartphones even more brilliant. Originally announced in March, LG has now begun rolling out the “Value Pack” to AT&T customers.
The update is still Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, so no change in the Android version, however, it offers new features like:
- Dual Camera: The Optimus G Pro already has the ability to record video with both the subject and the video taker in the video, and now you can also take pictures in a similar picture in picture fashion by using both the front and back-facing cameras.
- Smart Video is a feature which automatically pauses a video you are watching when you look away and automatically plays it when you look back.
- The update allows you to control an LG Smart TV from 2012, either by using the Optimus G Pro as a “Magic Remote Pad” (kind of like a trackpad on a laptop) or as an input device for easy internet browsing and typing.
- You’ll also receive the ability to pause and resume a video recording, so that it can be saved as one continuous file. and
- Over 800 new color emoticons will also be available for you to annoy and bug your friends with.
Like all updates, expect lots of bug fixes and other improvements. The update is rolling out OTA (over the air) right now, and if a notification hasn’t popped up already, you can check for the update by selecting Menu > Settings >General > About phone > Software update > Update Now.
With all of these new features you’d expect it to be a rather large update, so make sure you are connected to Wi-Fi before downloading the update on your Optimus G Pro.
Have you recieved the update yet?