The LG Optimus 4X HD LG-P880 carries powerful specs that could certainly match the popular phones in the market such as the Samsung Galaxy S3 and the HTC One X. This phone packs a 4.7-inch display, 720×1280 resolution, and carries an NVIDIA Tegra 3 quad-core processor. The LG Optimus 4X HD also runs Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and could certainly run the latest Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. If powerful specs aren't enough, you can also flash custom ROMs and mods that would certainly make your phone a monster. But, before you play around with your phone, make sure you have ClockworkMod Touch Recovery installed on your LG Optimus 4X HD LG-P880.
ClockworkMod Recovery is an essential tool for both Android developers and wannabe developers. This tool can help you safely flash custom ROMs and create backups of your previous ROMs. Flashing custom recovery sometimes requires difficult methods that novice users tend to avoid. But, thanks to XDA Developer Dexter_nlb, we have an easy guide to flash ClockworkMod Touch Recovery on the LG Optimus 4X HD.
The process simply involves installing an app via an APK file on your mobile phone. From that app, you can install and access the custom ROM recovery. You will also need to have root access before you can install the custom ROM on your mobile phone. Links will be given in the instructions below.
Can't wait to try out different custom ROMs and MODs? Read on to learn how to flash ClockworkMod Touch Recovery 22.214.171.124 for the Optimus 4X HD P880.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the LG Optimus 4X HD, model number P880. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- LG Optimus 4X HD P880 with root access
- Download the LG-Optimus-4XHD-Recovery-v1.1.zip (4.9 MB)
- A file manager app such as ES File Explorer File Manager installed on your phone.
- Go to Settings > Security and make sure Unknown Sources is enabled.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Extract the ZIP file into a folder on your computer.
- From the extracted folder, locate the LG-Optimus-4XHD-Recovery APK file and transfer it to your phone's SD card.
- Open the file manager app and locate the APK file.
- Tap the APK file to install the app on your mobile phone.
- After installation is complete, reboot your phone.
- Open the LG 4X Recovery app.
- Tap Install recovery to install ClockworkMod Touch Recovery on your mobile phone. Also enable SuperSU access when prompted.
- After installation is complete, select Boot recovery to restart your phone into ClockworkMod Touch Recovery Mode.
- NOTE: The ClockworkMod Touch Recovery 126.96.36.199 has a bug. Creating a backup or restoring from internal SD card will not work. As for the moment, create a backup to or restore from the external SD card.
Hooray! You have successfully flashed the ClockworkMod Touch Recovery 188.8.131.52 on your LG Optimus 4X HD P880. You can now manually flash updates and safely install custom ROMs on your mobile phone.