Touchscreen recovery is what’s in right now, making sure that you not only enjoy the beauty of your touchscreen for everyday activities but even extends that functionality to recovery. We’re sure you’ve heard by now that ClockworkMod Touch Recovery has been blazing a path for itself, arriving on the doorsteps of the Galaxy Nexus, the Nexus S, the Motorola Atrix 4G, the HTC Desire, and the Galaxy S2. LG users no longer need to be envious because this innovation in custom recovery has finally arrived on the LG Optimus 3D and the LG Thrill 4G.
Thanks to XDA Developers member Paki402, LG Optimus 3D and LG Thrill 4G users can now enjoying flashing at the tip of their fingers. For those of you who just love flashing, it’s time to give your Power button and Volume rockers their much-deserved vacation. The best part is that flashing this new recovery is as easy as pressing one key. That’s right, just one. Fast and easy, even for the most amateur of Android users.
It’s important to remember that this update is only for the LG Optimus 3D P920 and the LG Thrill 4G P925. Other LG devices are not compatible and we highly discourage any attempts to apply this to incompatible devices, or else it may result in bricking. You can check your device model through “Settings > About Phone”.
Before installing ClockworkMod Touch Recovery on your device, you’ll need a few things:
- ClockworkMod Touch Recovery package for the Optimus 3D / Thrill 4G
- A rooted LG Optimus 3D P920 or LG Thrill 4G. (Check the rooting guide here.)
- The appropriate device drivers installed on your computer. ( LG Optimus 3D | LG Thrill 4G)
- A fully charged battery, to prevent the device from shutting off in the middle of the installation process.
- Make a back up of all the important data on your phone, in case anything will be lost or corrupted during the installation process.
- Make sure USB Debugging has been enabled on your phone. You can do this through “Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging”.
Here’s how to flash ClockworkMod Touch Recovery on your LG Optimus 3D or LG Thrill 4G:
- Download the ClockworkMod Touch Recovery package for the Optimus 3D or Thrill 4G to your computer.
- Extract the contents of the ZIP file onto your desktop using WinZIP, 7-zip, WinRAR, or other extraction programs.
- Connect your phone to your computer using the USB Cable.
- On your computer, launch the ClockworkMod Touch Recovery flasher program called “LGP920_CWM_126.96.36.199_Flasher.exe”.
- A DOS window should pop up.
- Type Y and hit Enter. This will start flashing ClockworkMod Touch Recovery to your phone.
- Once the installation is complete, your phone will automatically reboot.
- Press any key on your computer to close the flasher tool.
You can now reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery to enjoy flashing ROMs and kernels at the tips of your fingers and navigating through options by tapping or swiping across the screen.