Our friend Eric Zeman over at PhoneScoop.com received an email from Opera last night with a list of Android related bug fixes addressed in the 4.2 version of Opera Mini. The fixes should make the browser much more viable for Android users, though I have to admit that I have yet to try it out myself.
According to Opera, the major fixes include:
- Access to the SD card for uploading and downloading, and for saving pages
- Video playback hand-off, when needed, to the OS
- Double tap zoom and unzoom
- Built-in URL input box
- Corrected password entry handling
- Fixed problems with back function and when closing the app
- Improved trackball speed
- Using an extra large font for built-in pages
Test it out and let us know how it works in the comments section.