The HTC One X, a touchsreen, slate-sized Android smartphone runs Android 4.0.3 and HTC Sense 4.0 graphical use interface, is on its way to the top. Bringing the best of the best, the One X is packed with the Tegra 3 quad-core processor, a gorgeous screen and the highest capacity battery. The HTC One X was announced in late February, 2012, and from that point onwards, the HTC One X is on its way to grabbing the throne as a crowd favorite.
Within that span of time, the HTC One X has received the attention of the Android developer community. If you’re a fan of the glorious and user-friendly UI of MIUI ROMs, you’ll be happy to know that MIUI 4 is now available for the HTC One X.
Based on the official beta version, MIUI 4 for the HTC One X comes with a unique UI that is sure to shine on that Super LCD2 screen. MIUI 4 is packed with fantastic features such as an intuitive status bar and built-in-themes support with thousands of personalized themes available.
If you’re having a difficult time installing MIUI 4, just read on to find out how you can correctly install the MIUI 4 ROM on your HTC One X.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the HTC One X. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- An HTC One X with unlocked bootloader and ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Download MIUI 4 here (LC-MIUI.zip, 300 MB).
- Download and install HTC Sync on your computer. This will install the USB Drivers for HTC One X to your computer. Make sure to close HTC Sync before following the procedures below.
- Download the Fastboot package here (Fastboot.zip, 404.46 kB).
- A Windows PC
- WinRAR, 7-Zip or any file extracting software installed on your computer
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Maintain a battery charge of 70% or more to make sure that you have sufficient power for the entire procedure.
- Download MIUI 4 from the link above.
- Extract boot.img from LC-MIUI.zip to your computer.
- Copy LC-MIUI.zip to the root of your HTC One X’s SD Card.
- Extract fastboot.zip to the C:\ drive on your PC. You will get the folder “Fastboot” with four files inside it.
- Copy the boot.img file to the Fastboot folder on the C:\ drive. You should have 5 files inside that folder after copying.
- Switch off your HTC One X.
- Press the Volume Down key and Power button simultaneously to reboot your phone into Bootloader Mode.
- NOTE: Once in Bootloader Mode, you will be using the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an option.
- Select Fastboot from the bootloader menu.
- Connect your HTC One X to the computer using your USB Cable.
- Open a command prompt on your computer and navigate to where the Fastboot program is located.
- For Windows 7 users, you can easily open a command prompt from a specific folder. From the selected folder, press Shift and right mouse button in any vacant part in the folder. A menu will appear. Select Open Command Window Here and a command window will appear with the location of the selected folder.
- Type the command
fastboot devices to see if your phone was successfully connected to the computer. Your phone’s serial number should appear on the command window.
- Enter the command
fastboot flash boot boot.img to flash the kernel on your phone.
- After the kernel has been flashed, you will get a “finished/OKAY” message in the command prompt window.
- Disconnect your phone from the PC.
- Select HBOOT on your phone to return to the bootloader menu. Select Recovery to boot into Recovery Mode.
- Perform a full wipe by doing the following:
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go to the main menu and select Advance. From there, select Wipe Dalvik Cache and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go back to the main menu and select Install ZIP From SD Card.
- Select Choose ZIP From SD Card and locate the LC-MIUI.zip. Confirm the action on the next screen to flash the ROM to your phone.
- After a few seconds, AROMA Installer will appear on the HTC One X’s screen. Choose your desired settings and click Finish.
- After installation is complete, go back to the main menu and select Reboot System Now to reboot your phone into MIUI 4 ROM.
- After first boot, change the language to English and reboot your phone.
- After complete boot, go to Settings Language and Input, and select the HTC Sense Input as default input method as the default keyboard force closes when you use it.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed MIUI 4 on your HTC One X.