Aside from installing custom ROMs to tweak your phone’s performance, mods can be used to install a certain feature on your mobile phone. Mod packs let you enjoy added features that were not pre-installed on your phone. For the HTC One X, you can enjoy these added features by flashing the LC MOD Pack developed by Senior XDA member leventccc. This mod pack lets you enjoy added features such as the Sony BRAVIA Engine and custom boot animation on your phone. What’s more is that the LC MOD Pack supports deodexed stock ROMs and all custom ROMs for your HTC One X.
The current version of LC MOD Pack features the following:
- Sony BRAVIA Engine
- Black HTC and Stock HTC One boot animation
- Battery percentage
- AROMA Installer
- Recent Apps button mod
If you want to add some features on your phone, continue reading the rest of this guide as we teach you how to flash the LC MOD Pack to your HTC One X.
- We will not be held liable for any damage arising from the use of this guide. Flash the LC MOD Pack to your HTC One X at your own risk.
- The LC MOD Pack is not in its final version. Expect some bugs and some non-functional features once you install this MOD Pack to your phone.
- An HTC One X with unlocked bootloader and ClockworkMod Recovery installed. You can visit HTC’s development page to unlock your phone’s Bootloader. For flashing ClockworkMod Recovery, you can check out this guide here.
- LC MOD Pack is compatible with stock ROMs with build number 1.26.401.2 and all HTC One X custom ROMs. For a more optimized performance, you might want to install the Android Revolution HD 1.2.3 ROM to your HTC One X. You can check the installation guide here. If you are using a stock ROM, it must be deodexed first for LC MOD Pack to work.
- In case your mobile data and files gets corrupted or erased, create a backup of your data and files by following this guide on how to backup data locally. You can also read our guide on how to backup data to the cloud.
- Download the LC MOD Pack 2.7.5 from here (LC_MOD_2.7.5.zip, 31.93 MB).
- Using a USB cable, connect your HTC One X to the computer.
- Transfer the LC_MOD_2.7.5.zip file to the root of your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect your phone from the computer.
- Switch off your mobile phone.
- Press and hold the Volume Down key and Power button until Bootloader Mode boots. Note: Once in Bootloader Mode, use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an option.
- From the Bootloader menu, select Recovery.
- Once booted to Recovery, go to Backup and Restore. Select Backup on the next screen to create a backup of your current ROM.
- Go back to the main menu and select install zip from sd card.
- Select choose zip from sd card and locate the LC_MOD_2.7.5.zip file. Confirm the action to begin flashing the mod pack to your mobile phone.
- The AROMA Installer will pop up. Read the on-screen instructions and tap Next to continue.
- You will be asked what ROM you are using on your mobile phone. Tap the respective ROM flashed on your phone and tap Next to continue.
- For custom boot animation, pick one from the choices provided and tap Next. If you don’t want to install custom boot animation, tap the Next button without selecting any choice.
- On the next screen, enable or disable the Sony BRAVIA Engine MOD. Tap Next once you have made your choice.
- Configure the action of the App Switcher button (right-most capacitive button on the phone) as a Menu button or to toggle Recent Apps. Specify you choice and tap Next.
- Click Next again and wait for the mods to be installed on your phone.
- When installation is complete, go back to the main menu and select Reboot system now to restart your HTC One X.
In case the installed mods don’t work on your phone, perform the following steps:
- Turn off your HTC One X.
- Reboot into Bootloader Mode by pressing the Volume Down key and Power button until bootloader boots.
- Select Recovery from the bootloader menu.
- Select install zip from sd card and flash the LC MOD Pack.
- Disable the MODs that you have installed.
- After disabling the MODs, tap Next to continue and select Install.
- After installation is complete, go back to the recovery menu and reinstall the LC MOD Pack but do not reboot your phone.
- Enable the desired MODs to be installed on your mobile phone.
- After putting in your desired choices, tap Next to continue and press Install.
- Once everything is done, go back to the main menu and select Reboot system now to restart your phone.
Congratulations! You have successfully enhanced your HTC One X by flashing the LC MOD Pack to your mobile phone.