Since the HTC One X was launched, the Android community has been working tirelessly to produce gorgeous custom ROMs. One of the newest joining in the fray is the CoreDroid ONE X ROM, a custom ROM from XDA Developers recognized developer Sergio76.
CoreDroid is known for its extensive customization, making almost every aspect of the UI fresh and attractive. But, CoreDroid ONE X is more than just good looks.
It also packs the AROMA Installer, which allows you to customize how the ROM is installed. Bloatware that usually makes your device lag has also been removed. Say goodbye to Amazon MP3, Soundhound, HTC Tips, and other pesky paddings.
A number of performance improvements have also been made, particularly for RAM usage and camera performance. Battery life also seems to have been improved, which is good news for those of you worried about your phone’s conking out at any moment.
If these features have got your mouth watering and your fingers itching to get CoreDroid ONE X on your HTC One X, then keep on reading for our installation guide.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the HTC One X. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- HTC One X with ClockworkMod Recovery installed and an unlocked bootloader.
- Make a backup of your important phone data.
- ADB and Fastboot package: Linux (adb-fastboot-linux.rar, 6.4 MB) | Windows (adb-fastboot-win.rar, 6.6 MB)
- RAR archive extraction software (e.g., WinRAR for Windows, unrar for Linux)
- USB drivers properly installed on the computer (if on Windows)
- Fully charged battery to prevent your One X from shutting off in the middle of the flashing process.
- CoreDroid ONE X ROM (CoreDroid_ONE_X_Quad-Core_V2.0_RV.zip, MD5: fdbcb4d722efffdcf5e797a9e98aad73)
- boot.img file (boot.img, 4.2 MB)
- Download the CoreDroid ONE X ROM and boot.img to your computer.
- Extract the ADB and Fastboot package into a folder on your computer. Copy boot.img into the same folder.
- Copy the CoreDroid ONE X ROM to the root of your One X’s SD card.
- Connect your phone to your PC via USB cable.
- Launch a terminal or command prompt on your computer and navigate to the folder where you extracted the ADB and Fastboot package files. (On Windows, you can just double-click commandprompt.bat inside the extraction folder.)
- Enter the following command at the terminal or command prompt window:
- Your phone will reboot into HBOOT (bootloader) and you’ll see “FASTBOOT USB” on the phone’s screen. Flash boot.imgto your phone by entering the following command at the terminal or command prompt:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Unplug your phone from the PC once the flashing is complete and turn off the phone.
- Reboot the phone into ClockworkMod Recovery. First boot into Bootloader Mode by pressing and holding down the Volume Down and the Power buttons. Use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select. Select Recovery.
- Once in recovery, create a Nandroid backup of your current ROM. This allows you to revert to your existing ROM should something not work out. To create a backup, select Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Return to the main recovery menu.
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset. Confirm the action by clicking Yes.
- Select Wipe Dalvik Cache. Confirm the action by clicking Yes.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card and select Choose from SD Card.
- Select the CoreDroid ONE X ROM to begin flashing.
- Wait a few seconds until the AROMA installer appears. Follow the instructions on the screen to install the CoreDroid ONE X ROM.
Congratulations! You now have the CoreDroid One X 2.0 custom ROM on your HTC One X. Enjoy CoreDroid ONE X’s gorgeously customized UI and performance enhancements.