The Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 is still one of the most-coveted smartphones today. Packed with an HD Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen and a quad-core processor, people were literally drooling over the device even before its release. Ice Cream Sandwich came onboard when the device was released and the interface is as great as one can imagine. Given that the phone is running on a quad-core processor, lags are minimal to none.
This guide is not intended for showing you how to install a ROM to a Galaxy S3 but instead, this guide will show you how to have that Galaxy S3 feel on your HTC One X. Don’t get what we mean? Well, let’s just make it simple. Your phone’s an HTC One X but instead of having the stock launcher, you’ll have the Galaxy S3′s TouchWiz launcher. This wouldn’t be possible if not for XDA Developers member Ppain, so props to the developer for porting this launcher for the HTC One X.
This guide shows you how to flash the Galaxy S3 TouchWiz Launcher for the HTC One X.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the HTC One X. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- HTC One X running official Ice Cream Sandwich OS or any ICS-based custom ROM and with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- For help, check our guide on how to install ClockworkMod Recovery on the HTC One X.
- Download the Samsung Galaxy S3 Launcher package (SamsungGalaxyS3Launcher-Ppain V2.zip, md5sum: accf712fd813644239a7d84b6d774151).
- Make sure your phone’s battery is charged up to 75% or more to avoid interruptions during the process.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the Samsung Galaxy S3 Launcher package to your phone’s internal SD card.
- Switch your phone off and boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. To do this, press and hold down the Volume Down and Power buttons together until the HBOOT menu appears. Navigate to the Recovery option using the Volume keys and select the option using the Power button.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card. Select Choose ZIP from SD card and locate the SamsungGalaxyS3Launcher-Ppain V2.zip file. Select the file and confirm the action on the next screen to start installing the launcher.
- Once installation is done, select Go back and choose Reboot system now. This will reboot your phone to the newly installed launcher.
- When prompted after rebooting, select TouchWiz home launcher to use the newly installed Galaxy S3 launcher.
Great job! You have successfully installed the TouchWiz 5 Galaxy S3 launcher on your HTC One X. How do you like the launcher so far? Does it give you the same Galaxy S3 feel? Let us know what you think by leaving a comment below.