The HTC One X with its powerful quad-core processor and 4.7 inch touchscreen is definitely one of the fastest devices in town. It’s good to know that the HTC One X is also showing signs of developer support from the community as the official ClockworkMod Touch Recovery has been rolled out to the device. Imagine being able to navigate Recovery Mode with your fingertips and giving those physical keys some much needed rest.
The ClockworkMod Touch Recovery for the HTC One X is currently under heavy development, with some issues that still need resolving. Rest assured that these problems will be fixed in later updates.
Here’s a short list of issues still present in ClockworkMod Touch Recovery for the HTC One X:
- Can’t mount USB in recovery
- No charging while in recovery
- Can’t flash ROM Manager
Continue reading rest of this guide to install ClockworkMod Touch Recovery on your HTC One X.
- This guide is intended only for the HTC One X and is not compatible with any other variants. To check your device model head to Settings > About Phone.
- Use this guide at your own risk. We shall not be responsible for the outcome of your use of these instructions.
- HTC One X with unlocked bootloader. You can head to the official HTCDev website to learn more about how you can unlock your phone’s bootloader.
- ABD installed on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone. You can do this by heading to Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging. Make sure that there is a check mark beside that option.
- Download the ClockworkMod recovery image file (recovery-clockwork-touch-18.104.22.168-endeavouru.img) from here and save it to your PC.
- Download Fastboot from here (Fastboot.zip) and save the package to your PC. This file is used to flash the recovery image later in this guide.
- Extract the Fastboot.zip file using any extracting software such as WinZIP or 7-Zip.
- You should have the Fastboot folder with four files inside it. Place the folder on drive C: on your PC.
- Copy the recovery image to the Fastboot folder found on drive C:. You should have a total of 5 files in the Fastboot folder now.
- Power down your HTC One X.
- Boot into Fastboot Mode. You can to this by holding down the Volume Down button while pressing the Power key. Select Fastboot Mode from the options displayed on your screen and use the Power button to select it.
- Once your phone is in Fastboot Mode, connect it to your PC via USB cable.
- On your PC, launch a command prompt. Go to Start > Run and type
- At the command prompt, enter the following commands to flash the recovery image on your phone. Hit Enter after each command.
fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-22.214.171.124-endeavouru.img
- After the last command has been entered, ClockworkMod Touch Recovery should be flashed on your phone. After it finishes flashing, reboot your phone by issuing this command at the command prompt.
- To boot into ClockworkMod Recovery, switch off your phone and boot into Bootloader Mode using the same technique found on step 7. Select Recovery from the options displayed on your phone to boot into Recovery Mode.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed the official ClockworkMod Touch Recovery on your HTC One X. You can now flash custom ROMs, scripts and hacks on your HTC One X, thanks to the official ClockworkMod Touch Recovery for the HTC One X.