Slim and sexy! That is what they call the new custom ROM for the HTC One X. This custom ROM is based based Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean. Slim Bean ROM is one of the lightweight custom ROMs out there. It doesn't have any bloat or useless apps installed. The ROM removes extra features and unnecessary apps that are taking space on the ROM.
Users can still manually choose which features they want to include by flashing add-on packages together with the ROM. In this guide, we will be only including the Slim Bean ROM and the trimmed GApps package.
Considering that this is a custom ROM, the Slim Bean ROM may have some issues or malfunctioning features once you install this on your HTC One X. Nevertheless, this ROM is so light that it can make more room on your Android phone.
This guide shows you how to upgrade the One X to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via Slim Bean ROM.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the HTC One X. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- HTC One X with unlocked bootloader and ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- You can check our additional guides for help:
- A Windows PC
- Handset USB drivers installed on the PC. You may install the drivers by installing HTC Sync.
- Enable USB debugging on your handset.
- Disable antivirus, firewall, and other security software. Also disable HTC Sync and other software that accesses your phone. Such software can interfere with the procedure in this guide.
- Download the following files:
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the downloaded Slim Bean ROM and GApps package ZIP files to the phone's internal SD card.
- Extract the contents of Flash_Boot.zip into a folder on your computer.
- Extract the boot.img file from Slim Bean ROM ZIP file that you have on your computer. Move the boot.img file into the Flash_Boot folder.
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot your phone to Bootloader Mode. You can do this by pressing and holding down the Volume Down and Power buttons until bootloader boots.
- In Bootloader Mode, highlight Fastboot by using the Volume keys and select it by tapping the Power button.
- Once in Fastboot Mode, connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable. The bootloader screen should say “FASTBOOT USB.”
- Once connected, go back to the Flash_Boot folder and double click the flash-boot-windows.bat file to flash the required kernel.
- NOTE: The window will automatically close once the required kernel is installed. However, if the window remains open or shows an “OKAY/finished” message, you can just manually close the window.
- Once the required kernel is installed, go back to your phone and select HBOOT to go back to the main bootloader menu.
- Select Recovery to boot into ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Wipe cache partition and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go to the main menu and select Advanced. From there, select Wipe Dalvik cache and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go to Mounts and Storage and select Format /system.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD card and locate the Slim Bean ROM ZIP file. Confirm the installation on the next screen.
- Once the installation is complete, flash the GApps package in the same manner as in steps 15 and 16.
- Go back to the main menu and select Reboot system now to restart your phone. It would take about 5-7 minutes to boot for the first time.
Good job! You have successfully installed the new and sexy Slim Bean ROM based on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on your HTC One X. Now you have all the reasons to flaunt and show off your HTC One X. Tell us what you think about this sexy and slim custom ROM by posting your comments below.
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.