Android 4.1 Jelly Bean has been a hot topic these days. Developer-centric forums and websites have been discussing Android 4.1 Jelly Bean quite a lot. Lately in the forums, an AOKP-based custom ROM for the HTC One X has arrived.
Recognized XDA Developers member lorD ClockaN shares with us the custom ROM called IceColdJelly AOKP. This icy ROM lets you enjoy AOKP ROM features, plus the features of Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean.
Be reminded that this ROM is currently being developed so expect some bugs when you install this ROM on your mobile phone. It's being actively worked on, so newer builds of the ROM most likely included fixes to known bugs in the previous builds.
Read on to learn how to upgrade the HTC One X to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via IceColdJelly AOKP custom ROM.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the HTC One X. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- An HTC One X with unlocked bootloader and ClockworkMod Recovery installed
- A Windows PC
- Handset USB drivers installed on the PC. You may install the drivers by installing HTC Sync.
- Enable USB debugging on your handset.
- Disable antivirus, firewall, and other security software. Also disable HTC Sync and other software that accesses your phone. Such software can interfere with the procedure in this guide.
- Download the following files:
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Extract the Fastboot package ZIP file into a folder on your computer.
- Copy the the ROM and the GApps package to your phone's SD card.
- Open the IceColdJelly AOKP ROM ZIP file and look for the boot.img file. Extract the file and place it in the folder where you extracted the Fastboot files.
- Switch off your mobile phone.
- Reboot your phone into Bootloader Mode. You can do this by pressing and holding the Volume Down key and Power button until bootloader boots.
- NOTE: While in Bootloader Mode, use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an option.
- Highlight Fastbootand select it to boot into Fastboot Mode.
- Connect your phone to the computer via USB cable. The bootloader screen should say “FASTBOOT USB.”
- On your computer, go to the extraction folder and click the flash-boot-windows.bat file. This will flash the kernel to your mobile phone.
- You will see a command prompt with an “OKAY/finished” message once the flashing the boot image is done.
- On your phone, select Bootloaderto go back to the main bootloader menu.
- Select Recoveryto boot into ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Perform a full wipe (you can skip this step if you are updating from a previous build of IceColdJelly AOKP ROM):
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Wipe cache partitionand confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go to the main menu and select Advanced.From there, select Wipe Dalvik cache and perform the action on the next screen.
- Go back to the main menu and select Install ZIP from SD card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD cardand locate the aokp_endeavoru_Jul-30-12-V0.4.zipfile.
- Go back and flash the Jelly Bean GApps package in the same manner as in steps 13 and 14.
- Return to the main menu and select Reboot system now to restart your mobile phone.
Congratulations! You have successfully upgraded your HTC One X to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean by flashing the IceColdJelly AOKP ROM.