The true beauty of an Android phone doesn’t come from its hardware specs, or from the Android version it’s running on. The phone’s genuine beauty comes from the freedom that lets Android users customize their Android phones. For the price of voiding your warranty, rooting your phone will awaken and reveal its true capabilities hiding within its system.
Senior XDA Developers member ckpv5 and a group of developers have created a rooting procedure for your HTC One V. This procedure will easily root your phone and let you gain root-level privileges. With a rooted phone, you can enjoy tweaks and extended features from apps that requires root access. You can even install custom ROMs and other mods to your mobile phone. Continue reading the rest of the guide to learn how to root your HTC One V.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the HTC One V. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- An HTC One V with unlocked bootloader.
- USB drivers for the HTC One V
- You can get the drivers by installing HTC Sync. Make sure to close HTC Sync before rooting your phone.
- WinRAR, 7-Zip or other similar file extraction programs installed on your computer.
- Download the following files:
- Disable system tools such as HTC Sync, firewall programs, and anti-virus software.
- Charge your phone’s battery to 60% or more.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Download the r1-primo-superboot.zip and extract it to a folder on your computer.
- Download the boot.superboot.img and place it in the folder where you extracted r1-primo-superboot.zip. This will replace the boot.superboot.img that came with r1-primo-superboot.zip.
- Switch off your HTC One V.
- Reboot your HTC One V into Bootloader Mode by pressing the Volume Down key and Power button simultaneously until Bootloader Mode boots.
- Select Fastboot from the Bootloader Menu.
- Connect your HTC One V to the computer via USB cable. The Bootloader screen should say “FASTBOOT USB.”
- Go to the r1-primo-superboot folder and double-click the install-superboot-window.bat file. This will automatically start the rooting process.
- Once the rooting process is complete, your HTC One V will automatically reboot.
- After complete boot, go to the app drawer. Tap the SuperSU icon and update the SU binary to the latest version.
Congratulations! You have successfully rooted your HTC One V. You can now install apps requiring root access on your mobile phone.