HTC One V: How to install ClockworkMod Touch Recovery
Unlocking the bootloader is not enough for you to flash custom ROMs; you also need the help of custom recovery. Custom recovery is an essential tool if you plan to make backups and safely flash custom ROMs.
Senior XDA Developers member vivekkalady was able to create a ClockworkMod Touch Recovery for your HTC One V. You can use this tool to create backups, restore your backup ROM, clear your mobile data, and flash custom ROMs to your mobile phone. What’s more is that it is touch-based, so you won’t need your phone’s physical buttons to interact with this tool. Read on to learn how to flash ClockworkMod Touch Recovery 22.214.171.124 to your HTC One V.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the HTC One V. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- An HTC One V with unlocked bootloader. Check out our guide on how to unlock the HTC One V’s bootloader.
- A Windows PC
- HTC Sync (not actually used in the procedure, but it will install the required USB drivers for HTC One V on your computer)
- Fastboot package (fastboot-win32.zip, 279 kB).
- ClockworkMod Touch Recovery image for the HTC One V here (recovery.img, 5.09 MB) or here (recovery-CWM-126.96.36.199-Build6.img, 5.1 MB).
- Make sure that HTC Sync is not running in the background on your computer.
- Download the Fastboot package and extract its contents into a folder on your PC, preferably in the C: directory or folder of your hard drive.
- Download the ClockworkMod Touch Recovery image for the HTC One V and place it in the same folder where Fastboot.exe is located.
- NOTE: If you downloaded the recovery-CWM-188.8.131.52-Build6.img file, rename it into recovery.img
- Switch off your HTC One V.
- Reboot your HTC One V into Bootloader Mode by pressing and holding down the Volume Down key and Power button until the bootloader boots.
- NOTE: Once in Bootloader Mode, use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an option.
- Select Fastboot from the Bootloader menu.
- Connect your phone to the computer via USB cable. The Bootloader screen should say “FASTBOOT USB.”
- Open a command prompt window on your computer. Change directory to where fastboot.exe is by typing the following:
- To see if your phone has successfully connected to the computer, type the following command
- Your phone’s serial number will appear on the command prompt window. If your phone was not detected, make sure that the USB drivers for HTC One V have been installed.
- Type the following command to flash ClockworkMod Touch Recovery to your mobile phone:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- After installation is complete, type the command
fastboot rebootto restart your HTC One V.
- To check if CWM Touch Recovery has been installed, reboot your HTC One V into Bootloader Mode. Select Recovery from the bootloader menu to boot into ClockworkMod Touch Recovery.
Good job! You have successfully flashed ClockworkMod Touch Recovery 184.108.40.206 to your HTC One V. You can now make backups of your existing ROM before you can jump on board flashing custom ROMs.