There are a variety of custom ROMs for the HTC One V CDMA variant. If you're not satisfied with your stock ROM, or you simply want to experience pure Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean, you can flash custom ROMs based on the latest OS, such as the AOKP Jelly Bean ROM.
XDA Developers member rukin5197 shares the AOKP Jelly Bean ROM for the CDMA variant of the One V. With this ROM, you can enjoy the pure flavor of Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean without any modified Android skin on top.
You will also enjoy tweaked performance and features that you cannot enjoy on a stock ROM. The AOKP Jelly Bean ROM, however neat, is not an official ROM for your phone and may contain some bugs. Wi-Fi Hotspot, auto brightness, and the camcorder are not yet fully functional. Nevertheless, flashing this ROM will allow you to enjoy the latest and purest Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on your One V.
This guide shows you how to flash AOKP Jelly Bean ROM for the One V CDMA.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the One V CDMA variant. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes. If you have the GSM variant of this phone, check our other guide on how to flash AOKP Jelly Bean ROM for the One V GSM.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- HTC One V CDMA variant with unlocked bootloader and ClockworkMod Recovery installed. You may refer to the following guides for help:
- Download the following to your computer:
- A Windows PC
- Handset USB drivers installed on the PC. You may install the drivers by installing HTC Sync.
- Enable USB debugging on your handset.
- Disable antivirus, firewall, and other security software. Also disable HTC Sync and other software that accesses your phone. Such software can interfere with the procedure in this guide.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the AOKP ROM and GApps package ZIP files to your phone's internal SD card.
- Extract Fastboot.zip to your computer. You will get a folder named Fastboot.
- Open the AOKP ROM and extract the boot.img file.
- Copy the boot.img file into the Fastboot folder.
- Switch off your phone.
- Reboot your phone into ClockworkMod Recovery. To do that, you will need first to boot into Bootloader Mode. Press and hold down the Power and the Volume Down key until Bootloader Mode boots. Using the Volume keys, highlight Recovery and tap the Power button to boot into ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Create a NANDroid backup of your current ROM. Select Backup and Restore and select Backup on the next screen.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Wipe cache partition and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go to the main menu and select Advanced. From there, select Wipe Dalvik cache and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go back to the main menu and select Install ZIP from SD card. Select Choose ZIP from SD card and locate the AOKP ROM ZIP file. Confirm the action on the next screen to flash the ROM to your phone.
- In the same manner as in step 11, flash the GApps package to your mobile phone.
- Switch off your phone and reboot back to Bootloader Mode. From there, select Fastboot to boot into Fastboot Mode.
- Connect your phone to the computer. The bootloader screen should say “FASTBOOT USB.”
- Open a command prompt on your computer and change directory to the Fastboot folder.
- To check if your phone has successfully connected to the computer, enter the command below. Your phone's serial number will appear on the screen.
- Flash boot.img to your phone by entering this command:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Once the installation process is complete, you will get a “Finished/OKAY” message on the command prompt window. You can disconnect your phone from the computer.
- Once done, go back to main menu and select Reboot system now to restart your phone.
Congratulations! You have successfully updated your HTC One V CDMA variant to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via the AOKP Jelly Bean ROM.