AOKP ROMs have already made their way to many Android devices, making them the second most popular custom ROM of choice next to CyanogenMod builds. What makes AOKP ROMs a popular choice by many users is the pure stock ICS experience with no add-ons from developers. Other than that, it has faster performance compared to stock firmware, as well as tons of customization options that you can choose from.
Finally, AOKP ROMs are now available for the HTC One V, thanks to XDA Developers member spxc. Known as the OnePrimo custom ROM, the said ROM features a pure build of vanilla Ice Cream Sandwich with no HTC Sense and bloatware.
Other features include a CM9 launcher, Sense Settings, and Titanium Kernel. If you have been desperately seeking an AOKP ROM, then here’s your chance to have one.
Check out our guide below for the full instructions on installing the OnePrimo ROM on your HTC One V.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the HTC One V. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- An HTC One V with unlocked bootloader and ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Charge your phone’s battery to 70% or more.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Download the latest version of the OnePrimo ROM (ICS.4.0.3.Vanilla.v.1.0.zip, 294.28 MB) to your PC.
- Copy the downloaded ROM to the root of your phone’s SD card.
- Switch off your phone.
- Boot into Bootloader Mode. You can do that by holding down the Volume Down button and the Power key.
- NOTE: Once in Bootloader Mode, use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an option.
- At the HBOOT screen, select Recovery to boot into Recovery Mode.
- Create a NANDroid back up by selecting Backup and Restore and select Backup on the next screen.
- Perform a full wipe by doing the following:
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Rest and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go back to the main menu and select Advanced. From there, select Wipe Dalvik Cache and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go back to the main menu and select Install ZIP from SD Card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD Card. Locate the ICS.4.0.3.Vanilla.v.1.0.zip file and confirm the action to flash the ROM to your mobile phone. It may take 5 -10 minutes for the installation process to finish.
- After installation is finished, head back to the main menu by selecting Go Back.
- Select Reboot System Now to reboot your phone.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed the OnePrimo custom ROM, based on AOKP Ice Cream Sandwich ROM, on your HTC One V.
Paul and I.T. are synonyms. If you need help with I.T.-related stuff, call on Paul. His experience with Android phones goes way back to the ancient single-core-phone days. But, he keeps himself up to date, so now he has a dual-core beast in his pocket, and is looking forward to getting his first quad-core monster, and when it comes, his first eight-core phone. Perhaps he should be called Mr. X-Core, where "X" equals the number of CPU cores.