The HTC One S has a dual-core processor but it’s such a pity to think that they haven’t really been optimized. The folks at XDA Developers, however, have found a way to squeeze the most out of the two processors.
Recognized developer -viperboy- has made the HTC One S perform even more powerfully by developing Dual Core Mods designed to optimize the phone’s processing performance. There are three mod versions, each designed for unique purposes. The mod versions are:
- Dual Core Mod – designed for CPU1 (or core 2) to work all the time.
- Dual Core Mod Plus – CPU1 works only when the screen is On to preserve battery life.
- Dual Core Mod Ultimate – Works the same as the Plus version but the governor is tweaked to improve performance
If you are wondering which Mod is the best, most users have chosen to install the Plus version, but as far as better performance is concerned all the three can deliver. Just flash it on your device and your phone will surely get a boost.
If you want to install this mod, see the requirements and instructions below.
- A rooted HTC One S with custom recovery. If you need guides and help, see the following:
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Make sure that your battery has at least 50% charge to avoid interruption due to power loss.
- Download the Dual Core Mod file that you prefer to your computer:
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the HTC One S. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Copy the Dual Core Mod ZIP file of your choice to your HTC One S. You can copy it to /internal_sdcard or /sdcard. Make sure you remember where you copied the file to.
- On your phone, turn off “Fast boot” from Settings > Power. Make sure that option doesn’t have a check mark.
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot your phone to Bootloader Mode by holding down the Volume Down button then pressing the Power button.
- From the bootloader screen, highlight “RECOVERY” and press the Power button to select it. If or when you see a red warning triangle, press both the Volume Up and Power buttons to enter Recovery Mode.
- From the recovery menu, select Install ZIP from SD Card > Choose ZIP from SD Card. Select the Dual Core ZIP file.
- Confirm the installation and wait until the flashing is done.
- Once done, reboot your phone by selecting Go Back and Reboot System Now.
Reverting to Stock CPU Settings
If, for whatever reason, you want to revert to stock CPU settings or undo the changes that the Dual Core Mod has made to your phone, just follow the same steps as above, but use the Dual Core Mod Back to Stock package (Dual_Core_Mod_Back_to_Stock_v2.1.zip, MD5sum: ae3bc3cf68fe0b87eb6218b72c6a7bd4)
Congratulations! Through these mods, your HTC One S processor will surely work faster than ever.