For those of you not in the know, MIUI is the Chinese customized version of Android. This ROM combines the goodies found on Android devices and the smooth and beautifully designed user interface of iOS devices, resulting in a more powerful ROM for your Android phone.
This ROM was made to be used on Nexus One and HTC Desire but, due to its improved performance, developers have ported an English version of this ROM to other Android phones such as the HTC One S.
Developer linds6630 has shared a MIUI 4 ROM, based on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS), for your HTC One S, so you too can enjoy the performance of MIUI.
Take note that this ROM is not yet in its final build and you may notice malfunctioning features such as the camcorder.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the HTC One S. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- An HTC One S with unlocked bootloader and ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Check out this toolkit that will help you unlock your phone’s bootloader and flash ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Download the MIUI v4 188.8.131.52 ROM (MIUI.us_ville_v4_184.108.40.206_Eng_Deo_ZipA_Signed_linds6630.zip, 133 MB)
- Download the latest GApps (Goggle Apps) for MIUI 4 (MIUI_gapps_2_4_27.zip, md5sum: d8e580df7337a84fc50d6bc88ce732fe)
- Charge the phone’s battery to 60% or more.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Download the MIUI v4 220.127.116.11 ROM and the GApps package from the links provided above.
- Transfer the MIUI.us_ville_v4_18.104.22.168_Eng_Deo_ZipA_Signed_linds6630.zip and MIUI_gapps_2_4_27.zip files to the root of your phone’s SD card.
- Switch off your HTC One S.
- Reboot your HTC One S into Bootloader Mode. You can do that by pressing the Volume Down key and Power button simultaneously until the bootloader menu appears.
- Once in Bootloader Mode, use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an option.
- Select Recovery from the bootloader menu.
- Once in recovery, select Wipe Data/Factory Reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go back to the main menu and select Install ZIP From SD Card.
- Select Choose ZIP From SD Card and locate the MIUI.us_ville_v4_22.214.171.124_Eng_Deo_ZipA_Signed_linds6630.zip file. Confirm the action on the next screen to flash the ROM to your phone.
- Once complete, go back and reselect Install ZIP From SD Card and flash the GApps package in the same manner as in step 9.
- After installation is complete, return to the main menu and select Reboot System Now to restart your HTC One S.
Congratulations! You have successfully flashed the MIUI 4 version 126.96.36.199 custom ROM to your HTC One S. You can now enjoy a beautiful and smooth user interface on your mobile phone.