For all you Android junkies who love flashing custom ROMs and tweaking your HTC One S phones, you’ll be thrilled to hear that the official ClockworkMod Recovery is finally here and ready to be installed to your mobile phone.
The HTC One S is powered by a 1.5 GHz dual-core processor with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and topped with HTC Sense 4.0 and is undoubtedly a powerful phone. But, why settle for less when you can make it even more powerful by flashing custom ROMs on your phone? That is where ClockworkMod Recovery comes into the picture.
ClockworkMod Recovery is a handy tool that Android phone owners use to safely flash custom ROMs to their phones. Previously, we flashed custom ROM using Paul O’Brien’s unofficial ClockworkMod Recovery. But now, we can use that same unofficial ClockworkMod Recovery to flash the official ClockworkMod Recovery on the HTC One S.
Read on to learn how to install the official ClockworkMod Recovery for your phone.
- An HTC One S with unlocked bootloader. To unlock your phone’s bootloader, go to HTC’s development page and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Create a backup of your mobile data and transfer important files to the phone’s SD card. You can follow our guide on how to sync your data to the cloud and how to create local backups of your Android data.
- Maintain battery power of 60% or more. This will ensure that the phone has sufficient power to last the entire flashing procedure.
DISCLAIMER: We will not be responsible for any damage arising from the use of this guide. Follow this guide at your own risk.
- Install the unofficial ClockworkMod Recovery on your HTC One S. Check out this guide on how to flash the unofficial ClockworkMod Recovery on the HTC One S.
- Download one of the following official ClockworkMod Recovery files from the following links:
- Connect your HTC One S to your computer via USB cable.
- Copy the ClockworkMod Recovery file to the root of your phone’s SD card.
- Unplug your HTC One S from the computer.
- Switch off your mobile phone.
- Reboot your HTC One S into Bootloader Mode by pressing the Volume Down key and Power button until Bootloader boots.
- NOTE: Once in Bootloader Mode, use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an option.
- Select “Recovery” from the bootloader menu. When you see the red warning triangle, simultaneously press the Volume Up and Power buttons to enter Recovery Mode.
- Once booted into Recovery, select install zip from sd card.
- Select choose zip from sd card and locate the ClockworkMod Recovery file. Confirm the action on the next screen to begin flashing the file to your mobile phone.
- After flashing the files, go back to the main menu and select Reboot system now to restart your HTC One S.
Well done! You have now the official ClockworkMod Recovery running on your HTC One S. Let the flashing and tweaking begin.