Official Wimbledon 2012 app now available on Google Play Store
It’s shaping up to be an amazing summer for sports fanatics, with the UEFA Euro 2012 going on, Wimbledon starting today, and the Summer Olympics 2012 beginning later next month in London. With Euro 2012 and Wimbledon overlapping over the next few weeks, many might find it difficult to keep track of what is going on in the sports world. To help in this regard, at least when it comes to Wimbledon, the oldest and one of the most prestigious tennis tournaments around, is the recently released official Wimbledon 2012 app.
The app, developed in association with IBM, provides a host of features including:
- Schedules, live scores, final results, and other news
- Player information including profiles, interviews, photos, and best game moments
- On-demand video previews, highlights, and features
Two additional features for anyone going to be present at the Wimbledon grounds are:
- Live at Wimbledon Radio with 3 channels. One channel features daily coverage of the championships, with the other two featuring live commentary of matches going on at Centre Court and Court No. 1.
- “Find It” feature provides a map that allows spectators to locate various facilities around the grounds.
There have been some user comments suggesting that the user interface is quite cluttered, but this was to be expected, with the massive amount of information and features available. The last update fixed some bugs with the “draws” display that were previously reported, and the app has been running smoothly ever since. I’ve been using it for a few days now and the multimedia previews worked really well, but we’ll obviously have to wait till the tournament starts later today to test the “live” functionality of the app.
You can download the official Wimbledon app for Android from the Google Play Store here.
What are your thoughts? Who will you be supporting to take the crown at Wimbledon? If you’ve tried out the app, let us know your experience in the comments section below.