It’s been around 10 months since I wrote about the launch of OfficeSuite Pro 6. Since then, OfficeSuite has become the premier on-the-go solution for document management and editing, and is currently the top selling productivity application for Android. The best part is, things have gotten even better with the launch of OfficeSuite Pro 7!
The latest iteration of the app introduces a host of new features and a lot of new file format support (which has been a complaint in the past), taking the usability of the application to a whole new level. Since there’s a lot of new upgrades and changes, in almost every available feature editor, to talk about, let’s get right to it.
What’s new in OfficeSuite Pro 7:
- File Browser – The File Browser features a new and improved user interface, which includes side bar navigation for quick access to different folders as well as third party cloud services. Cloud services now include Microsoft SkyDrive, along with improved support for Google Drive. Carrying over from previous versions is support for Box, DropBox, and SugarSync.
- A host of new templates such as CV, Invoice, and even Weight Loss tracker templates have been included in the current edition.
- Docs Editor – Ability to add MS Word styles to the document, library of tailor-made table designs which are very easy to edit and insert in the document, ability to copy formats used in other documents, and the availability of Formulas (which is currently display only)
- Spreadsheet Editor – Improved selection of parameters in functions
- Slider Editor features new animation options
- A new engine using a library from Adobe allows for instant opening of large PDF files. PDF Viewer now also includes a “Find/Find Next” feature.
As mentioned earlier, OfficeSuite Pro 7 added support for a lot of new file formats that should cover most, if not all, of your requirements, the complete list of which includes -
- Text – doc, docx, docm, rtf, txt, log
- Spreadsheet – xls, xlsx, xlsm, csv
- Presentation – ppt, pptx, pps, ppsx, pptm, ppsm
- Other – pdf, eml, zip
To showcase the extensive file format support, Mobile Systems has released an awesome video showing how OfficeSuite Pro 7 can be used to read even what aliens may send us. Android in space is the future!
OfficeSuite Pro 7 is now available on the Google Play Store for $14.99 here. If you haven’t used OfficeSuite before and would like to try it out first, you can check out the trial version of the app here.
What are your thoughts? Do you use Office Suite Pro? If you’ve tried out Office Suite Pro 7, share your experiences in the comments section below.