Recent rumors claim that Microsoft Office may arrive on Android sometime in late 2014, but in the meantime there are certainly tons of great Office alternatives already out there. One of the better-known choices is OfficeSuite Pro, and now it is getting even better thanks to its latest update.
Probably one of the most interesting features found in the update is the addition of ‘dual screen support’. What that means is that Office Suite Pro now plays nicely with the multi-window mode found on devices like the Galaxy S3, Note 2 and the upcoming Galaxy S4.
The changes certainly don’t end there. You can now search Google directly from within Word documents, insert images directly from the camera and so much more. Here’s the full change log of what to expect with version 7.1 of OfficeSuite Pro:
- Oxford Dictionary of English integration (available as a separate add-on product)
- Ability to perform Google search form Word documents
- Insert image from camera (in Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
- Better compatibility with QuickSpell
- Tables resize in Word (separate branches)
- Dual screen support
- Links and Shadows support in PowerPoint
- Image replace in Word
- Improved font formatting and Autofill with cell dragging in Excel
- Improved UI in Excel sheets
- Sheets reordering in Excel
If you are interested in an Office suite for Android, you won’t find much better than Mobile Systems’ Office Suite Pro, though it will set you back $14.99. The good news is that the app is known to go on sale from time to time, so odds are you can eventually find it on sale.
For those that already own the app, have you updated yet? If so, what do you think of the changes?