The popular Nova Launcher app has been updated to version 2.3, which includes a variety of features ready to meet the needs of users that are already on the latest Android OS version.
We’re actually not surprised to see Nova Launcher 2.3 ready for an official release, as the first beta of the new launcher version was released a month ago, shortly after Nova Launcher’s Kevin Barry explained what KitKat features are going to make it to his app.
Here’s the full changelog of the Nova Launcher 2.3 update – as you can see, there are plenty of KitKat-based optimizations in place in order to improve your overall custom launcher experience:
- Kitkat scroll indicator (Desktop – Scroll Indicator)
- Kitkat folders (Folders – Light Background and Folder Background – Light Circle)
- Kitkat font (Look and Feel – Icon Font – Condensed, requires Android 4.1+)
- Kitkat app drawer icon (Get the old icon by long-pressing the drawer icon and selecting Edit then tapping the icon)
- Google Kitkat icon theme (Look and Feel – Icon Theme – Google Kitkat)
- Small autohiding tabs in app drawer (Drawer – Small Tabs)
- Configurable drawer Menu action (Drawer – Menu Action)
- Transparent system bars on Kitkat (Look and feel – Transparent Notification Bar. Requires Kitkat.)
- Drawer tab indicator scrolls during tab change
- Drawer scroll indicator is relative to current tab
- Scroll indicators animate properly for infinite scroll
- Backup/Restore from external sdcard (on devices with sdcards)
- Improved Backup management (Send backups via Gmail, Pushbullet, more)
- Fixes and optimizations
Even though it comes with KitKat-friendly features, the custom launcher will work on devices running Android 4.0 or later.