Note 3 Android 4.4 update starts rolling out to AT&T
Just like what we’ve seen from the Galaxy Note 3 update from other networks, there’s really not a lot new here outside of all the new KitKat features you’d expect. There are at least a few small Samsung-specific changes, however, such as minor visual changes like the new all-white status bar icons and new sound controls. Here’s a full change-log giving you an even better idea of what to expect:
- Improved user interface: The latest version of Android includes enhancements such as re-styled status and navigation bars, a new full-screen-immersive mode, color emoji support, improved closed captioning support, stronger security and smarter power use.
- Default messaging app: Choose a default messaging app when multiple messaging services are installed.
- Improved GPS performance
- Enhanced music access: Full screen album art and media controls are available from the lock screen when listening to music.
- Camera access: The camera can also be accessed directly from the lock screen.
- Location menu: An integrated location menu enables users to easily activate GPS and share location details.
- Wireless printing: Integrated support for wireless printing available in enhanced settings.
- New sound controls: Set sound for specific Samsung applications in enhanced settings.
The OTA update is making its way over to AT&T customers right now, but as usual it may take a few days or more to reach everyone. If you have yet to receive a notification letting you know an update is waiting, you can always check manually by going into Settings> About Device> Software Update. Keep in mind that the update is a sizable 541.7MB, so you’ll probably want to be on Wi-Fi before you start downloading.
So how about it, have you received an update for Android 4.4.2 KitKat on your AT&T Note 3? If so, how did the installation go and are there any other changes worth mentioning? Let us know in the comments!
Thanks for the tip, Jon!