If you are bored with your Nook Color Firmware then Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.1 will make your device more alive and colorful with this cool ICS Features like Refined Evolved UI, new homescreen folders and favorite tray, resizable widgets, new lockscreen action and many more.
Just follow the simple steps below to update your Nook Color.
- Make sure that your device battery is charge atleast 60%
- Backup your device data into your computer.
- Turn on USB Debugging, on your homescreen tap Menu> Settings> Application> Development. Then, make sure that USB debugging is checked.
- Nook Color with Clockworkmod Recovery installed. Check this link
- USB Data Cable
- First, download ICS Android 4.0.1 Firmware Zip Package.
- Then, Connect your device to the computer using the USB Data Cable.
- Next, copy the downloaded zip file (update-cm-9.0-0-encore-emmc-sneakpeek1-fullofbugs.zip) to the root directory of your SD card.
- Disconnect your device to the computer and boot it in Clockworkmod Recovery.
- Once your in Clockworkmod Recovery make a Nandroid Backup just incase something goes wrong, you can restore it back easily. To do this, from the main menu select Backup and Restore> Nandroid Backup.
- Then, after you have succesfully made Nandroid backup we will need to select the Wipe Data / Factory Reset from the main menu to wipe all the cache data present in your device.
- Next, we can now update our Nook Color by selecting install zip from sd card > choose zip from sd card > update-cm-9.0-0-encore-emmc-sneakpeek1-fullofbugs.zip.
- Finally, after a successful update go back to the main menu and select Reboot System Now.