If you’re a Motorola Atrix 4G owner, you might be disappointed with this bit of news.
Motorola sent out a confidential email to its users about an upcoming imminent update. As many have suspected and yes, feared, this update will include a few minor bug fixes. It is not the big update (ehem, Ice Cream Sandwich) that you guys are anticipating.
According to Brief Mobile, the update will be available by February 7. It will update both unmodified and unrooted phones to the latest software version 4.5.141. It will also include the following features:
- Latest Android security fixes from Android 2.3.6+
- Bluetooth voice commands while the device is asleep
- Improvements to the Messaging and Contacts applications (unspecified)
- WiFi settings update and AT&T Mobile Hotspot usage built-in
- Increases in stability, power management
While this is an upcoming update, many speculate that this will be the final update for the old device. Considering that the Atrix 4G has the same internals as the Motorola Xoom tablet, it will be very shameful.
But yes, Motorola still has to update its long list of devices, if it plans to update to the latest Android OS, Android 4.0. Maybe when this happens, an update for the Atrix 4G will be available once again.
If you’re a Motorola Atrix 4G user, how do you feel about the new update? Are you disappointed that you’re not getting Android 4.0 yet?