We surely love custom ROMs. With enhanced features and overclocked performance, custom ROMs breathe new life to Android phones such as the Google Nexus S. But, before you can enjoy the freedom and improved performance, you will need to break the chain and root your Android phone.
Rooting methods often consist of difficult steps that seem impossible for a common Android user to follow. Developers don’t want to keep the gold for themselves and want to share the true capabilities of Android phones to the masses. We have XDA Developer m.sabra to thank for a one-click rooting method that easily roots your phone with a click of a button.
In this guide, we will teach you how to use the one click rooting method and to break the chains on your Google Nexus S. This package will also unlock your phone’s bootloader and install ClockworkMod Recovery and Superuser.
- A Google Nexus S (GSM or CDMA)
- A Windows PC
- USB drivers for the Nexus S installed on your PC
- Rooting your phone will wipe all data on your device. Make sure to create a backup of your mobile data.
- Temporarily disable system tools such as antivirus software and firewall programs before rooting your phone. This will ensure that the rooting process goes smoothly.
- Charge the phone’s battery to 50% or more to ensure the phone lasts throughout the entire rooting procedure.
- This one click rooting method works will all variants of Google Nexus S. Do not use this guide on another device.
- Rooting your Nexus S will break its warranty.
- This article is written for educational purposes only. Any damage arising from the use of this rooting guide will be your responsibility.
- Download m.sabra’s one-click rooting package here (Nexus S One Click Root.zip, md5sum: 05406dbd183bfff7caabb775704b623e)
- Extract the contents of the one-click rooting package into a folder on your computer.
- If you haven’t done so, install the the Nexus S drivers on your computer. The drivers for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows are included in the rooting package.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone by going to Settings > Application > development > USB Debugging.
- Connect your Nexus S to the computer via USB cable.
- Double-click the run.bat file found in the one-click rooting method folder.
- Follow the onscreen instructions and wait until the rooting process is done.
- When the process finishes, ClockworkMod Recovery will be temporarily installed. If you want ClockworkMod Recovery to be installed permanently, double-click sticky.bat (also inside the same folder as run.bat).
Good job! You have successful rooted your Samsung Nexus S using the one-click rooting method.