Install MIUI 4 ICS on Nexus S GSM via Oodie Prime V2 Custom ROM
The Ice Cream Sandwich fever is still on and it’s like there’s no stopping until everybody gets a fair share of Google’s Ice Cream Sandwich. Just a week ago, quite a number of MIUI 4 custom ROMs based on Ice Cream Sandwich were released for a variety of Android devices.
If you own a Nexus S you should be smiling right now because an ICS-based custom version of MIUI 4 for your device was also released. The name of the custom ROM is Oodie Prime V2, created by the same XDA Developers member that brought forth Oodie Prime (ICS-based MIUI 4 ROM) for the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10. (You can check out our guide for upgrading your Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 to ICS using Oodie Prime MIUI 4 ROM.)
As far as Oodie Prime V2 MIUI 4 ICS ROM is concerned, it is still in a pre-beta stage, which means that it is still unstable and there are still a lot of things that need to be worked on. At this stage, it is most likely that there are a lot of minor issues. It is also important to take note that this ROM is only applicable to the Nexus S GSM version.
Go through all the things that you need for the installation as listed below and make sure that you do not skip anything.
- A rooted Nexus S (GSM variant) with ClockworkMod Recovery installed
- Backup of all your important files and data
- A fully charged battery
- Download the Oodie Prime V2 ZIP file from here
NOTE: We do not guarantee that the instructions provided here will work 100% perfectly. The info is provided for educational purposes only. Use the information at your own risk and hold no one liable for any damage occurring on your phone through your use of this information.
Here are the instructions on how to install Oodie Prime V2 MIUI 4 on the Nexus S.
- Connect your Nexus S to your PC and copy the Oodie Prime V2 ZIP file into the root of the internal storage of your phone.
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot into Fastboot mode. (Hold the Volume Up key and Power button at the same time.)
- Scroll down and choose “Recovery” to enter recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, scroll down to Back up & Restore then choose style=”font-style: italic;”>Backup on the next screen.
- Select Wipe Data/Factory reset from the main menu then confirm the operation on the next screen.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition and confirm the operation on the next screen.
- From the main menu, go to Advanced and choose style=”font-style: italic;”>Wipe Dalvik Cache, confirm the operation on the next screen.
- Choose “Install zip from SD card” from the recovery menu.
- Select “Choose zip from SD card” and choose the file that you have copied earlier. Installation of the ROM will now start. Wait for it to finish.
- Choose Go back and then choose Reboot System Now.
- It will take a while for your phone to reboot completely. Once it has completely booted, don’t touch it for about 5 minutes to allow the ROM to settle down.
- Reboot your phone a second time.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully installed Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich on your Google Nexus S (GSM) via the Oodie Prime V2 MIUI 4 ICS custom ROM.