If you want a taste of Ice Cream Sandwich ROM then try this Nexus S GSM OTA. As you can see this is not the official release and it is only ported by TEAM HYDRO of Android Central Forum. This ROM is not yet finished but they are working to improve it.
These are the features that working properly:
If you want to try this ported ROM, just follow the simple steps below.
- Make sure that your device battery is charge atleast 60%
- Backup your device data into your computer.
- Turn on USB Debugging, on your homescreen tap Menu> Settings> Application> Development. Then, make sure that USB debugging is checked.
- Nexus S 4G
- USB Data Cable
- First, download this file.
- Then, Connect your phone to the computer using the USB Data Cable.
- Next, copy the downloaded zip file (Dooderbutt-4.0.3-v1.zip) to the root directory of your SD card.
- Disconnect your phone to the computer and boot it in Clockworkmod Recovery.
- Once your in Clockworkmod Recovery make a Nandroid Backup just incase something goes wrong, you can restore it back easily. To do this, from the main menu select Backup and Restore> Nandroid Backup.
- Then, go back to main menu select “Wipe data/factory reset” and “Wipe cache partition”.
- Next, go back to main menu and select the option of Install zip from sd card> Choose zip from sd card> then choose Dooderbutt-4.0.3-v1.zip to start updating your phone to Ice Cream Sandwich Firmware.
- Finally, after a successful update go back to the main menu and select Reboot System Now.