Nexus Prime Teaser Vid Decoded, Found Showing Curved Tablet Buddy for Nexus Prime
Just this week, Samsung released a teaser video that showed a quick glimpse of what almost all Android fans suspect to be the Nexus Prime. And, if you look close enough at the frames in the video’s last few seconds, it looks as if the Nexus Prime is hanging on to something very slim, interesting, and curved.
While everybody else was still drooling over the teaser video, Joe Lancaster had an epiphany, and it goes a little something like this:
• I think we are looking at the side of a phone, possibly the Nexus Prime
• I think the 3 dots suggest a landscape docking mode
• I think there is another device behind it
• I think that is a TABLET
• This would make total sense of the ‘perfect combination’ theme of the teaser
• These will both run Ice Cream Sandwich, which I think will be Android v4.0
Assuming Lancaster’s hypothesis is true, then both the phone and the tablet in this video are definitely bent. The Nexus Prime has been rumored to inherit the contoured display design of the Nexus S. The contoured display, of course, is not only for pure aesthetics and distinctiveness but also for practicality and convenience:
- better feel against your face
- better typing experience
- less reflection from sunlight and light sources
- it’s exotic and original, so why not?
The Nexus S’s contoured display was received very well by customers. Therefore, we could very well be seeing Samsung releasing another contoured-display smartphone on October 11 at their Samsung Mobile Unpacked 2011. And, if Lancaster’s prediction turns out true, as well, the same event could probably also launch a contoured-display tablet–or, at the very least, a docking station with a contoured display.
Although phone docking systems have been done before, it seems that Motorola has failed in its attempts and almost no one has even heard of the Asus Padfone. Therefore, Samsung could be our hero by finally knocking a phone docking system out of the park. It’s just a rumor, but I know I am surely excited.
How about you? Does this make you want the Nexus Prime more?