If the last “leaked” image of the Nexus Prime didn’t make you giggle, here’s a new set of concept design images that could make you forget your name or the Android phone that’s currently haunting your mind right now.
These photos are not leaks for how the Nexus Prime actually looks like. Instead, these are rendered images of an artist’s concept of what the Nexus Prime ought to look like–or might look like. Barring any other upcoming concept designs more beautiful than these, I personally also want the Nexus Prime to look like this.
Federico Ciccarese, the artistic genius behind CiccareseDesign, is responsible for these images. He calls the device the Google Nexus Third Generation.
And, imagine this beautiful piece of technology with the following rumored powerful innards and specs:
- Android 2.4/4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (with its famed 180% increase in performance over Android 3.x Honeycomb)
- 4.65-inch (other sources say 4.5-inch) Super AMOLED Plus (or even HD Super AMOLED) touchscreen
- Texas Instruments OMAP 4470 (or 4460) dual-core processor clocked anywhere between 1.5 GHz and 1.8 GHz
- 1280×720 HD display resolution
- at least 1.0 GB of RAM
- at least 32 GB of internal storage
- 8.8 millimeters thin
- no carrier- or manufacturer-imposed bloatware–only “pure Google” experience
Here are two more images, both of which show the slightly curved (concave) middle portion of the phone’s body:
And, this third one shows the camera and the metallic chrome Google logo embossed/stamped on the back cover:
The rendered images show what appears to be a plastic back cover, though. I’m not sure whether that would make the phone more prone to slipping from one’s grasp. Samsung, quite known for plasticky handsets, has been rumored to produce the Nexus Prime.
If the Nexus Prime looked like this, and if it came with the above-listed rumored internals and specs, could you say “Abandon all hope [for another Android phone], ye who enter [into the enchanting world of the Nexus Prime]”?
Image credit: Federico Ciccarese (CiccareseDesign)