Speed, stability, and features are three of most important highlights in a ROM. The Glazed JellyBean 2.1 ROM for the Google Nexus 7 has these features. Created by XDA Developers member Hyperrunner, this ROM lets you experience a fast, stable, and features-oozing Android OS right on your tablet.
This ROM is made super fast by removing unnecessary files and adding scripts to make it smoother than butter. This ROM is also based on CyanogenMod 10, so you can find additional features that you cannot find in a stock ROM. Other notable features include the following:
- Based on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
- Beats Audio
- Sony Bravia Engine
- mods for improved battery life
- ad blocking enabled
- full GApps integration
- full Flash enabled
- theme manager
- and many more
This guide shows you how to flash Glazed JellyBean ROM for the Nexus 7.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Asus Nexus 7. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Asus Nexus 7 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- You can use this toolkit to easily flash ClockworkMod Recovery to your tablet.
- Download Glazed JellyBean 2.1 ROM (GlazedJellybean2.1-grouper.zip, md5sum: ffd42868729a3013eccb4030f794bb83)
- Backup all personal data on your tablet to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the Glazed JellyBean ROM to your tablet's internal SD card.
- Turn off your tablet.
- Reboot your tablet to ClockworkMod Recovery. Connect the tablet to the computer via USB cable. Hold down Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power until you see an Android robot lying on its back. Using Volume Down, highlight Recovery mode and select it by pressing Power. After a while, the icon of Android with a red triangle appears. Hold down Power, then press Volume Up to enter Recovery Mode.
- Create a NANDroid backup of you current ROM. Go to Backup and Restore and select Backup on the next screen.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- You can skip this step if you came from a previous version of this ROM.
- Select Wipe cache partition and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go back to the main menu and select Advanced. From there, select Wipe Dalvik cache and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD card and locate the Glazed JellyBean ROM ZIP file. Confirm the action on the next screen to flash the ROM to your tablet.
- Go back to the main menu and select Reboot system now to reboot your tablet.
Congratulations! You have successfully flashed the Glazed JellyBean 2.1 ROM to your Asus Nexus 7.