The Nexus 7 was one of the Android devices that had Android 4.1 Jelly Bean onboard when it was released to the market. The mighty tablet runs on an equally awesome quad-core processor, assuring you of the smooth-as-butter interface and fast performance.
The tablet has been one of the most sought-after gadgets these past weeks and if you already are a proud owner, you may have been itching to try custom ROMs on it. So far, a number of Jelly Bean ROMs have been released and now it's high time for a Jelly Bean-based MIUI ROM to take the spotlight.
This ROM is stable enough to be used everyday with few to no bugs. It may have a few issues but nothing major. With MIUI ROMs, you can expect to have full customization of how your tablet looks because the ROM has a lot of inbuilt themes. Try this ROM on your Nexus 7 and maybe, you'll have your tablet run on this ROM instead of the stock Android ROM.
This guide shows you how to flash MIUI ROM 2.8.31 for the Nexus 7.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Asus Google Nexus 7. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- An Asus Google Nexus 7 with unlocked bootloader and ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Your tablet's USB cable.
- Download MIUI ROM 2.8.31 for the Nexus 7 (miuiandroid_grouper-2.8.31.zip, 203 MB) to your computer.
- Make sure your tablet's battery is charged up to 75% or more to avoid interruptions during the process.
- Backup all personal data on your tablet to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the MIUI ROM package to your tablet's SD card.
- Turn the tablet off and boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. To do this, press and hold down the Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power buttons together until recovery boots.
- NOTE: While in recovery, you can use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an item or option.
- Make a NANDroid Backup of your current ROM. To create a backup, go to Backup and Restore and select Backup.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and confirm the action on the next screen. Wait for the process to finish.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD card and select the MIUI ROM package. Confirm the action on the next screen to start installing the ROM on your tablet.
- Once installation is done, select Go back and choose Reboot system now. This will reboot your phone to the newly installed ROM.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed MIUI ROM 2.8.31 on your Nexus 7. Enjoy the features of the ROM that you can't find in any other. If you have any comments about the ROM, please leave a comment below.
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.