The Google Nexus 5, manufactured by LG, has been one of the most awaited smartphones of year, with good reason. And unlike previous releases, the device is not only already available in India so soon after launch, but is also officially available from the Indian Google Play Store! Here’s everything you need to know about the pricing and availability of the Nexus 5 in India.
As you know, this is the first time a Nexus smartphone (the Nexus 7 is also available) can be bought in India directly from the Play Store, as well as from LG retail stores, albeit at a slightly higher price. The LG retail stores also only have the 16 GB version of the device on sale for now. A roundup of where you can pick up the Nexus 5, and the current availability status, is listed below –
|Google Play Store||16 GB||28,999||Out of stock||N/A|
|Google Play Store||32 GB||32,999||Available||Dispatched in 1-2 days|
|LG Retail Stores||16 GB||29,990||Available||In-Store pickup|
Most online retailers such as Flipkart, Snapdeal, and Infibeam have the device listed with the “Coming Soon” tag, and the table above will be updated as and when this information is available.
- Size: 137.9 x 69.2 x 8.6 mm
- Weight: 130 g
- Processor: Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800, Quad-core 2.3 GHz Krait 400
- RAM: 2 GB RAM
- Display: 1080 x 1920 pixels, 4.95 inches (~445 ppi pixel density) True HD IPS Plus capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Storage: 16/32 GB, no expandable storage
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 2300 mAh battery
- Main camera: 8 MP, 3264 x 2448 pixels, autofocus, optical image stabilization, LED flash
- Front camera: 1.3 MP
- OS: Android OS, v4.4 (KitKat)
Considering the great specifications and its price point, the Nexus 5 is definitely a great buy, but if you’re still in two minds about picking up the latest Nexus smartphone, don’t forget to check out our detailed hands-on review, the drop test (!), and even a color comparison video to decide which option suits you best.
What are your thoughts? Will you be picking up the LG Nexus 5? Let us know in the comments section below.