Users of the new Google-branded LG device known as the Google Nexus 4 is in for some special treat. Get ready for the JellyTime ROM, a Jelly Bean ROM made to give users a whole new Nexus 4 experience. The ROM is an AOSP-based ROM featuring an extended power menu with reboot/recovery and snapshots, toggle auto-rotate tiles in quick settings, accurate battery modificationm and root access. Its kernel also has been recently updated to 3.4.19 allowing a 1.62-GHz clock speed on stock voltage by default.
There are no known issues yet with this ROM. However, it is still a work in progress, so there might still be underlying bugs and issues. Just make sure to create a backup of your important files.
This guide shows you how to flash JellyTime ROM for the Nexus 4 E960.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with theGoogle Nexus 4, model number E960. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A rooted Google Nexus 4 E960 with an unlocked bootloader and ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Make sure that your phone's battery is 50% or more to avoid installation interruption due to power loss.
- Download the following files to your computer:
- Copy the JellyTime ROM and Google Apps package ZIP files to your phone’s internal SD card.
- Turn your phone off.
- Reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery. To do this, boot into Fastboot Mode by holding down the Volume down and Power buttons at the same time until the word “Start” is displayed on your phone's screen. Scroll down using the volume buttons and select “Recovery Option” to finally boot into ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Note: Use the Volume buttons to scroll up and down and the Home/Power button to select an option if you're not using the touch version of ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Create a NANDroid Backup of your existing ROM. Go to Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Wipe your phone's data. Do the following:
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes.
- Select Mounts and Storage > Format/System > Yes.
- Install the JellyTime ROM. Select Install ZIP from SD Card > Choose ZIP From SD Card > locate and select Jellytime_3.4.19.zip file >Yes.
- Repeat the same procedure in step 6 but this time select 4.2_gapps-jb-20121119.zip to install Google applications on your phone.
- Once you're done, do the following:
- Select Wipe Cache Partition > Yes.
- Select Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache > Yes.
- Select Go Back > Reboot system now.
Hooray! You are now one of the firsts to flash this ROM on the Google Nexus 4 E960. Don't forget to share your thoughts about this ROM. Enjoy!
Ken is an expert on management and is currently engrossed with his newly started adventure in logistics management. But, that's only his second love. His first love, of course, and without being mushy when this is said, is Android.