One of the best Android phones ever to run Android 4.2 is the LG Nexus 4 E960. Having a quad-core processor, with wireless charging capabilities, and a sophisticated design, this phone scores a perfect 10 across the board. It is no wonder why Nexus phones and tablets can compete head to head with iPhones and iPads. What makes this phone even more interesting is the number of custom ROMs developed for the device.
One of these excellent ROMs is the unofficial CyanogenMod 10.1 ROM, created by XDA Developer member KonstantinKeller. This build has wonderful features like gesture typing, Photosphere, and Android Beam. Check out this unofficial CM10.1 ROM and let us know what you think.
This guide shows you how flash unofficial CyanogenMod 10.1 for the Nexus 4 E960.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with theLG Nexus 4, model number E960. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- LG Nexus 4 with unlocked bootloader and the latest ClockworkMod Recovery installed. Check out these guides for help.
- Download the following to your computer:
- CyanogenMod 10.1 unofficial (cm-10-20121127-UNOFFICIAL-mako.zip, MD5sum: a3d18ff9b3c6dce3ed5fef01e77c78d8)
- GApps Package (gapps-JOP40C-Gesture-Photosphere-Wallet.zip, MD5sum: 50cc6c9e33c40e1bb8630998a8803992)
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the cm-10-20121127-UNOFFICIAL-mako.zip and gapps-JOP40C-Gesture-Photosphere-Wallet.zip files to the phone's SD card.
- Switch off your Nexus 4.
- Boot into Recovery Mode. To do this, press and hold down the Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power buttons at the same time until the phone turns on. From there, select Recovery.
- Create a NANDroid backup. Select Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card > Choose ZIP from SD Card > locate and select cm-10-20121127-UNOFFICIAL-mako.zip > Yes.
- Repeat step 6 to flash gapps-JOP40C-Gesture-Photosphere-Wallet.zip.
- Select Go Back > Reboot System Now.
Congratulations! You have successfully flashed the unofficial CyanogenMod 10.1 ROM to your LG Nexus 4 E960. Enjoy!
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.