If the LG Nexus 4 E960 were a movie, it would definitely be a blockbuster hit. Its successful launch was followed by sold out reports, proving that the device is selling like hotcakes.
Performance-wise this phone gives you a smooth and snappy experience. Google's flagship phone is the first phone to run on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean out of the box. The beauty of the Nexus 4 doesn't end there. Flashing custom ROMs on this device will allow you to push this stunning gadget to the test.
There are tons of ROMs to choose from in the XDA Developers forum, and it can be easy to feel intimidated with such a wide selection. You can start with a crowd favorite, the AOKP ROM. AOKP ROMs provide smooth and great performance for any device. On your Nexus 4, you can expect one of the best Android experiences.
This guide shows you how to flash AOKP ROM for the Nexus 4 E960.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the LG Nexus 4, model number E960. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- An LG Nexus 4 E960 with an unlocked bootloader and ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Download the following:
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the aokp_mako_unofficial_Dec-04-12.zip and the gapps-jb-20121130-signed.zip files to the phone's SD Card.
- Switch off your Nexus 4.
- Boot into Recovery Mode. To do this, press and hold down the Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power buttons until Fastboot Mode boots. Select Recovery to boot into ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Note: Use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an option.
- Create a NANDroid backup. Select Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Wipe your data by doing the following:
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition > Yes.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card > Choose ZIP from SD card > select the aokp_mako_unofficial_Dec-04-12.zipfile > Yes.
- Go back to the main menu and repeat step 6 to flash gapps-jb-20121130-signed.zip.
- Select Go Back > Reboot System Now.
Hooray! You have successfully flashed the AOKP 4.2.1 preview ROM on your LG Nexus 4 E960.
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.