Getting a Samsung Nexus 10 GT-P8110 might be the best deal this season. With its excellent screen and stunning display, you are sure to enjoy working on this tablet. But no matter how great the stock experience on a device is, unlocking its bootloader, installing custom recovery, and flashing the latest nightly build of CyanogenMod 10 (CM10) ROM would make your cool Nexus 10 even cooler.
If you've been waiting for CM10 to reach your Nexus 10, then wait no more. The CyanogenMod 10 nightly builds are officially available for the Nexus 10, thanks to XDA Developer members shimp208.
What's so great about CyanogenMod? Like most custom ROMs, CyanogenMod gives you that flexibility and optimized performance that you need on your Android device. Not only that, you get to work with a more customizable interface with the amount of features that comes with the ROM once you flash it. If you're new to CyanogenMod, I suggest you check it out.
This guide shows you how to flash nightly CyanogenMod 10 ROM for the Nexus 10 P8110.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with theSamsung Nexus 10, model number GT-P8110. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Nexus 10 GT-P8110 with unlocked bootloader, root access, and ClockworkMod Recovery installed. Check out these guides for help:
- Download the following:
- Make sure your tablet's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your tablet to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the CM10 nightly ROM and GApps package files to your tablet's SD card.
- Switch off your Nexus 10.
- Boot into Recovery Mode. To do this, press and hold down the Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power buttons until Fastboot Mode boots. Using the Volume keys, select Recovery to boot into ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Note: Use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an option in recovery if you're using a non-touch custom recovery.
- Create a NANDroid backup. Select Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Wipe your data by doing the following:
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition > Yes.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card > Choose ZIP from SD Card > select the CM10 nightly ROM file > Yes.
- Once done, go back to the main menu and install GApps package file by repeating step 6.
- Select Go Back > Reboot System Now.
Congratulations! You have successfully flashed the official CyanogenMod 10 nightly ROM to your Samsung Nexus 10 GT-P8110.
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.