The Google Nexus 10 is one of the leading tablets in the industry today, especially with its beautiful display and battery performance. There is no doubt that the Nexus 10 has gained a lot of popularity, not just among regular consumers but also with developers. ROMs for the tablet have been cropping up in the XDA Developers forum. One of these ROMs includes a custom kernel that uses the latest AOSP Exynos/manta source. Developed by craigcgomez, this pure AOSP-based ROM also has features like USB OTG support, an advanced Power menu, Quick Setting mode, and much more.
This guide shows you how to flash AOSP-based Android 4.2 ROM for the Nexus 10.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Google Nexus 10. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A Google Nexus 10 with an unlocked bootloader and custom recovery. Check out these guides:
- Download the following to your computer:
- Android 4.2 AOSP ROM (full_manta-ota-eng.cgomez.25112012.zip, md5sum: fc833a623ba92d7c97dff2121355676a)
- GApps Package (GoogleAppsPack-4.2.0-JOP40C-V3.zip, MD5sum: 582d6a0475c75391d804bd3f3307306b)
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the full_manta-ota-eng.cgomez.25112012.zip and GoogleAppsPack-4.2.0-JOP40C-V3.zip files to your tablet's internal SD card.
- Switch off your Nexus 10.
- Reboot your Nexus 10 into Recovery mode. To do this, press and hold down the Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power buttons. The Android robot and the word “Start” should appear on your screen.
- Use the Volume keys to navigate and Power button to select.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card > Choose ZIP from SD Card > select full_manta-ota-eng.cgomez.25112012.zip > Yes.
- Repeat step 4 to flash the GoogleAppsPack-4.2.0-JOP40C-V3.zip file.
- Perform a full wipe by doing the following:
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition > Yes.
- Select Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache > Yes.
- Reboot your Nexus 10 and you're done.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed Android 4.2 AOSP ROM on your Google Nexus 10.
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.