One of the benefits of having an Android phone or tablet is that you can customize the device any way you want to. You can root and install custom recoveries like TWRP and ClockworkMod. You can also flash custom ROMs that will maximize your device's performance. Custom ROMs may vary according to function, that's why developers create different ROMs to suit your needs. One of these ROMs is the popular ParanoidAndroid ROM which is now available for your Google Nexus 10.
ParanoidAndroid is the only hybrid engine ROM to-date. You can choose from three different UI modes namely the Phone UI, the Phablet UI, and the Tablet UI. This will certainly give you a faster and bloatware-free Nexus 10 experience.
This guide shows you how to flash ParanoidAndroid ROM for the Nexus 10.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Google Nexus 10. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A Samsung Nexus 10 with unlocked bootloader and custom recovery (preferably TWRP Recovery). Check out these guides for help:
- Download the following:
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the pa_manta-2.99.6-01DEC2012-153622.zip and pa_gapps-full-4.2-20121127.zip file to the phone's SD card.
- Switch off your Nexus 10.
- Boot into Recovery Mode. To do this, press and hold down the Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power buttons until Fastboot Mode boots. Select Recovery to boot into ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Note: Use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an option.
- Create a NANDroid backup. Select Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Wipe your data by doing the following:
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition > Yes.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card > Choose ZIP form SD Card > select pa_manta-2.99.6-01DEC2012-153622.zip file > select Yes.
- Repeat step 6 to flash pa_gapps-full-4.2-20121127.zip.
- Select Go Back > Reboot System Now.
Congratulations! You have successfully flashed ParanoidAndroid ROM for the Nexus 10. Enjoy!
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.